Balogar will begin battle with 5 shields, but will increase them by 2 after recovering from a break, for a total of 9 shields.
He will lock off three of his weaknesses at the start of battle. At above 50% health, he may change the weaknesses which are locked. At below 50% health, Balogar will unlock all weaknesses. He will also use Runestorm, which makes his runes target the entire party instead of a single target.
Balogar’s runes deal elemental damage, but they cannot be reflected with Reflective Veil. However, they can miss, and their damage can be reduced by the respective amulet.
- Rune of Flame: Fire elemental damage.
- Rune of Ice: Ice elemental damage. Chance to inflict sleep.
- Rune of Thunder: Lightning elemental damage. Chance to inflict unconsciousness.
- Rune of Wind: Wind elemental damage. Inflicts physical def. and elemental def. down.
- Rune of Light: Light elemental damage. Inflicts speed down and evasion down.
- Rune of Darkness: Dark elemental damage. Chance to inflict blindness.
- Runelord’s Resolve: Charges for 1 turn. Inflicts all 6 types of elemental damage on a single ally.
- "Thou wouldst learn the lost secrets I hold...? Then first, thou must prove thy worth!" —Before battle
- "Oho, what say you to this?" —Changing locked weaknesses