The Guardian of the First Flame is a huge golem which appears to be made out of crystallized rock. It carries a large sword in its right hand and a large shield in its left hand.
The Guardian of the First Flame protects the Sacred Flame in the Cave of Origin. It is a test which anyone who wishes to become the Flamebearer must surpass. Ophilia, performing the kindling in Lianna's stead, must defeat the guardian in order to take Aelfric's Lanthorn.
At 50% health, the Guardian of the First Flame will summon up to 3 Dark Wisps depending on how many party members have been brought to battle.
The Dark Wisps will not attack, but will count down (“Three more turns...”) before inflicting large damage on the party at “zero.” The Guardian of the First Flame will wait a turn before summoning more.
- Sweep: Physical attack, targets entire party.
- Pyre: Fire elemental damage to a single target.
- Flame of the Heavens: Charges for 1 turn. Fire elemental damage to entire party.
1,000 HP. Shield 4
- Self-immolation: Large physical damage to entire party.
Each individual Dark Wisp has a 30% chance of dropping a Shadow Soulstone.
- "Of thee who dost treaden in these halls, I aske.
Art thou fit to lighten the flames and showen the path to all humanity?" —To Ophilia